If you ever thought that is impossible to get rid of cellulite or to tone your butt, well you were absolutely wrong. The last few months told me the opposite, more precisely the next work from home butt toning exercises. I’m glad to say that cellulite is gone and my butt is lifted and strong as a rock…and something great happened to my thighs, too.
As I’m not much into going to the gym, I love working out from home. I purchased a pair of dumbbells and a yoga mat, and in no more than 2 months magic happened. Trying the following 10 exquisite exercises daily, or at least 3 times a week, you will have that dreamy and tone butt.
1. Hip-Lift Progression
Image Credits: B4tea
– Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
– Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
– Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
– To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
– Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
– Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
2. Toe Taps
Image Credits: Healthnbodytips
– Lie on the floor with your arms on your sides.
– Lift your feet, bending both knees to 90 degrees so your thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
– Now slowly and quietly tap your left toes to the floor, then your right.
– Alternate tapping feet for one minute.
– If you feel any lower back pain, don’t bring your toes all the way down.
3. Single-Leg Front Raises
Image Credits: Sheknows
– Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.
– Bend your right leg and raise it about 3 inches off the floor.
– Extend both arms in front of you at chest height and your palms facing down.
– Keeping your arms straight, raise your left arm above your head and hold for 3 counts, then return to chest height.
– Continue alternating arm raises until you’ve done 8 total, 4 reps on each arm.
– Now switch legs, doing 8 more reps standing on your right leg.
4. Squat with Kick-Back
Image Credits: Nourishmovelove
– Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
– Sit back to a squat, bringing your fists close to your chin.
– Then bring your left leg straight behind you while extending your arms forward.
– Return to the squat position, then repeat on the other side.
– Continue alternating sides for one minute.
– As you squat, remember to keep your weight back on your heels.
– When extending the leg behind you, keep your hips square — don’t twist them toward the side.
5. Single-Leg Squat with Towel
Image Credits: Newlovetimes
– Stand with your feet together and place your right foot on top of a folded towel.
– Shifting your weight to your left leg, slide the towel out slowly to your right.
– Then slowly return to the start position.
– Work this side for 30 seconds, keeping your elbows bent and your fists together near your chin.
– When you squat, your left knee should bend between 45 and 90 degrees.
– After 30 seconds, switch legs and do the squats and slides for another 30 seconds.
6. Dumbbell Squats
Image Credits: Fitwirr
– Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and 8- to 10-pound dumbbells by your thighs.
– Squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair, keeping your weight over your heels.
– Squeeze your glutes as you return to the start position.
– Do 15-20 reps.
– As you continue, keep the weight in your heels, making sure your knees do not pass forward of your toes.
– For a bigger challenge, try it without the weights, jump explosively, and land in the squat position.
Image Credits: Plie
– Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing out.
– Bring your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat.
– Come back up and repeat. Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees move past your toes.
– Be sure to tuck your tailbone under and contract your glutes. Keep your torso tall, and don’t let your knees creep past your toes.
– Do for 1 minute. (After about 40 seconds, pulse at the bottom of the squat for 20 seconds.)
8. Explosive Lunges
Image Credits: Greatist
– Stand with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
– Then lunge forward with your right leg.
– Jump up, switch legs in midair, and land with your left leg in a forward lunge.
– Continue these explosive lunges, alternating sides, for one minute.
– Keep your fists up in front of your chin and push off the floor with both feet. Your front knee should be bent 90 degrees and align over your ankle.
9. Sun Salutations
Image Credits: Skimble
A yoga sequence that works your entire body, sun salutations can especially benefit your butt: As you move from downward-facing dog into lunges and back through chair pose, you’ll feel an incredible stretch right through your glutes down through your thighs and hamstrings.
10. Clam Dig with Rotation
Image Credits: Uksmobility
– Lie on your right side with your head cradled in your right palm.
– Bend your knees in front of you 45 degrees.
– Hold a 5- to 8-pound dumbbell in your left hand and keep your left elbow on your left side.
– Lift both your left leg and your left arm up to the ceiling at about 90 degrees, keeping your hips stacked without rocking backwards and with your elbow pressed into your side.
– Hold at the top for 2 seconds before returning to start. Repeat for 1 minute, then switch sides.
Image Credits: Fr.formidapps