Back pain is a very common condition that no longer depends on age. Either because you’re sitting in the office all day in an inadequate position, or because you forced your muscles through physical effort, or you just came home too exhausted from shopping, you know how unpleasant the back pain is and how can impede you from doing your normal day-to-day activity.
What should you do? Some simple back pain exercises that you have to perform frequently in order to prevent other pains and to strengthen your back muscles.
So let’s see a few simple exercises for back pain that can be done in the comfort of your home:
1. Stand with your back against a wall, feet slightly apart and bend your knees, leaning against the wall until your knees are bent at 45 °. Stay in this position for 5 seconds, then go back slightly to your initial position. Keep your back straight throughout the exercise and repeat 10 times in the morning and in the evening;
2. Lean on your belly and raise one leg straight 50 – 60 cm from the ground level, stay in this position for 10 seconds, then return to the starting position and repeat the movement with the other foot;
3. Lean on your back with your knees bent, soles on the floor and arms around your body, lift your hips without arcing your back so that a straight line is formed from your shoulders to your knees. Keep the position for 5 seconds, then go back to the starting position and repeat;
4. Lean on your knees and palm on the floor, keep your back straight and stretch one leg in the back as far as you can. Maintain the position for 5 seconds, then put the foot in the starting position and repeat the movement with the other foot;
5. Lean on your back and bend your knees, pinching them with your arms as close as you can to your chest. Stay 5 seconds in this position then repeat;
6. Lean on your back and bend your knees; place the left ankle over the right knee and pull the right knee with your palms to the chest until you feel a small pressure in the back; maintain the position for 20 seconds, then go back to the starting position and repeat the movement 5 times for each leg;
7. Lean on your back with your knees bent, lift your left leg in straight position and pull it with your hands behind your knee, straightening it. Keep the position for 20 seconds then repeat the movement 5 times for each leg.